Ever find yourself rushing around before teaching in the morning? I sure do! After two years of teaching online, I finally found some healthy breakfast options that don’t take too long to cook.
It’s important to have something like this before teaching online because it provides energy and keeps you focused. It’s a great way to boost your metabolism as well. Both recipes have a good balance of healthy fat and protein.
I often make a 1 one minute muffin using 4 ingredients and an egg quesadilla with three ingredients.
One Minute Muffin Recipe
- Coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tbsp of flax seed or a scoop of UCAN
I use this size scoop for the protein powder because if I use a bigger scoop the muffin is too dry.
- Melt the coconut oil
- Add the egg, protein powder and flaxseed or UCAN
- Stir it all up
- Microwave it for 40 to 60 seconds
I microwave mine for 40 seconds and I do see a little liquid in the center of the muffin, but I flip the muffin over with a fork so it can cook using the heat from the bottom of the cup. If I cook it 60 seconds it is way too dry.
The other option I use is an egg quesadilla.
Egg Quesadilla Recipe
- Siete tortilla (I prefer either Aamond flour or cashew flour)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of cheese
- Cooking spray or coconut/avocado oil
- Whisk an egg in a bowl
- Cook the egg omelette style in a greased pan
- Once the egg is nearly cooked (very little rawness) turn it in half so it looks like a taco shape
- Put the tortilla in the pan and add the cheese on top of it
- Place the egg on top of the tortilla when it is fully cooked, but leave one half of the tortilla without any egg. Make a taco shape out of the tortilla so half of the tortilla is no longer on the pan.
- Once one half of the tortilla is cooked, flip it to cook the other side.
- Eat and enjoy!
I hope these healthy options serve you well while teaching. They should keep you full for a few hours in the morning to start your day off right and bring more energy to your lesson.
Products from Amazon.com