My most important task as a teacher is to provide students with life-long skills whether that’s a language or teaching students how to think, not what to think.
I do this by helping other teachers find autonomy in their workspace, through tutoring, and creating educational resources.
- I taught in the public school system from 2005-2016
- Now I teach online full-time at iTutorGroup
- I’ve taught 1st grade and 6-12, ESL, bilingual, and Spanish
- My teaching certificates include K-12 Spanish, K-12 ESL, language arts 5-8, and social studies 5-8
- BA in Spanish, minor International Studies
- M.Ed Secondary Education (grades 9-12), focus in Spanish
All of the above would be meaningless if my heart wasn’t in it.
Over those two years I learned about online business, marketing, recruiting, blogging, sales, strategies for teaching online and the ins and outs of working for people from another culture. 👩🏻💻
Most important boring fact of all: I absolutely love my job because I get to impact lives everyday through teaching others a 🎓lifelong skill, whether it’s a language, a history lesson or coaching teachers in the online ESL industry.
- Favorite animal: panda 🐼
- I’ve got 4 plants in my home office – anyone else like succulents?
- Favorite hobbies: travel ✈️ and 📚reading
- I’ve taught students as young as 2 and as old as 76 thanks to online teaching
- Classical music is my jam while working on my side hustles
- 8 hour work days are more fun now than ever because I’m my own boss and I get to impact people globally by teaching them life-long skills
Learn more about how I became my own boss and how you can too by clicking here. 💜